TSTE06 Digital filters
TSTE06 Digital Filters (6hp) is a course that covers the basics of the design and implementation of digital filters. It covers the following topics: Discrete-time and digital signals and systems. DSP-algorithms. Approximation theory including Butterworth-, Chebyshev-I-, Chebyshev-II-, and Cauer-approximations. Frequency transformations. Synthesis and realization of IIR- and FIR-filters, in particular wave digital filters. Systems with multiple sampling frequencies, decimation and interpolation. Finite-wordlength effects. Numerical properties and implementation issues for digital filters. The course covers the same topics as TSEI07 Digital Filters, but at the level A instead of G2.
Course information 2019
- L. Wanhammar and H. Johansson: Digital Filters Using MATLAB, 2013 (will be available in Building A, Entrance 19C, next to LiU-Tryck).
- L. Wanhammar: Tables and Formulas for Analog and Digital Filters (will be available in Building A, Entrance 19C, next to LiU-Tryck).
- Lab material (can be downloaded below)
- Solutions to the problems in the book (can be downloaded below).
- Additional problems with solutions (can be downloaded below).
Lecture and lesson plan (10x2h = 20h)Found on this course info in pdf.
Lecture overviewsLecture overviews, 2019
Solutions to the problems in the book and additional problems with solutions
More solutions (missing in the above document) can be downloaded here: more_solutions (password protected).
Additional problems with solutions can be downloaded here: Problems_A (password protected).
Additional problem and solution for lesson 9 can be downloaded here: Lesson9_additional (password protected).
Laborative work (4x4h = 16h):
Solving filter design and implementation problems using Matlab
Depending on the number of students, there may be a need need to for the labs. Information about this will available when the course has started.
that the laborative work is mandatory and must be passed in order to pass the whole course!
- Supplementary material for the labs (password protected)
- Lab1.zip (password protected)
- Lab2.zip (password protected)
- Lab3.zip (password protected)
- Lab4.zip (password protected)
A written exam of 4 hours duration.
Aids for exam: Mathematical tables/formulas and pocket calculator.
Max 70 p, 30 p required to pass.
Optional seminars (oral), two occasions. Active participation gives maximum 10 p (5 + 5) on the written exam, corresponding to Problem 1.
- More information
Page responsible: Håkan Johansson
Last updated: 2020 08 19 13:33